Internal wall insulation
Internal wall insulation is for those homes where your house may be in a Conservation Area or you may have decorative brick or stonework. If you own a period property or your home has special architectural features, we look at the option of Internal Wall Insulation.
Another solution is called ‘Hybrid’, where we offer a mixture of External and Internal Insulation to suit your particular house.
Internal Wall Insulation is perfect for the upgrade of solid wall properties, where – due to the nature of the building – external wall insulation is either not possible or desirable.
Urbane Eco can source a range of sustainable internal wall insulation, which is breathable – helping to make the fabric of your home a warmer, safer, healthier and cheaper place to live. At Urbane, we consider it is particularly important with internal insulation to use a system designed to cope with the amount of moisture generated by human habitation.
Read Nick’s blog on internal wall insulation.
Our approach to Internal Wall Insulation
- The first step is to remove all the internal fixtures and fittings from your walls, sockets, skirting boards and light switches.
- Then the chosen insulation material is fixed to the internal wall.
- Once fitted, walls are finished according to the system used, ready for decoration.
- As well as the obvious benefits of making your home a warmer place to live, internal wall insulation is also ideal for those looking to redecorate and renovate their homes.
- The process doesn’t alter the appearance of outside walls, with minimal encroachment of internal space. This is a small price to pay for improved levels of comfort and reductions to your annual fuel bills.
Your home will receive a survey before any work begins, to make sure the property is suitable.
“Overall we are very pleased with the work done by Urbane Eco Ltd, the high standard of finish, and the very co-operative spirit of your team, who were a pleasure to have in our home, despite the dust! We notice the difference to the internal climate already.” – John Malaiperuman, Nailsea (Wood fibre internal wall insulation)
“Thank you for the insulation work you have done. The men have all been courteous, interested,helpful and adaptable and the finished work looks very good. We were very fortunate to get the work done in 2 weeks.” (Pavadentro wood fibre and Calsitherm internal wall insulation, nr Bristol)